Various articles about Perl are linked to below. For Perl help, visit Perl Monks or the #perl channel on the Freenode IRC network. Consider blogging about Perl in the Perl Iron Man Blogging Challenge.
Commonly cited documentation includes:
- Scoping problems: Coping with Scoping and Variables and Scoping.
- Why it's stupid to `use a variable as a variable name' - dangers of using symbolic references. Always enable use strict; use warnings;.
- Net::SMTP deficiencies and suggested workarounds - if possible, instead use MIME::Lite and deliver to a local Mail Transport Agent (MTA).
- Sending E-mail with Perl - how to send e-mail using MIME::Lite instead of error prone sendmail calls.
- Debugging File::Find Problems.
- Life with the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN) - how to use CPAN. Consider also the local::lib.
- Introduction to Perl documentation with perldoc.
- Example perl one liners.
- Reformatting text with Perl - uses of Text::Autoformat and Perl::Tidy to mangle text.
- Running Perl - how to debug problems running perl scripts on Unix (and why I never use #!/usr/bin/env perl).
- Running Perl Daemon Processes - how to run Perl services in the background.