- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- clamav milter setup - how to setup and run clamav-milter under Sendmail.
- Freshclam Notes - documentation on usage and troubleshooting of freshclam.
- Using clamav with MIMEDefang.
Miscellaneous tips on clamav.
- Changes from 0.75 to 0.80
- zlib: old or new version?
- Exploit.W32.MS05-002 false positives
In clamav version 0.80, clamav.conf was renamed to clamd.conf. Also remove any instance of StreamSaveToDisk from clamd.conf.
# mv clamav.conf clamd.conf
# perl -i -ple 'print unless m/StreamSaveToDisk/' clamd.conf
On RedHat systems, rebuild the zlib package from Fedora Core 3 to avoid warnings about an unsupported zlib version. If zlib security fixes are backported by your vendor, run the clamav ./configure with the --disable-zlib-vcheck option set.
Verion 0.82 of clamav may detect clean files as Exploit.W32.MS05-002. Upgrade to clamav version 0.83 or higher.